…That is what I feel like as I begin this blog post about what the last month has been like. In a way, this doesn’t have much of a topic, but is rather a journal entry as a new entrepreneur.
I began my business and my entrepreneurship journey on June 1st, 2018 “officially” and have learned some things along the way:
- Coaches are amazing. Truly. I’ve met so many fellow coaches who have proven to me that a) coaches care deeply b) coaches know what’s up and have a lot of great insight and c) everyone needs a coach. (Lebron James has a coach, duh!)
- Referrals are the bomb dot com. Having a substantial network prior to starting my business has been the main reason I’ve gotten to where I am now. If you’d like to nominate someone you know for a free consultation with me, you can do so here.
- Getting dressed and ready for the day is now a novelty and a chore. I’ve adored these illustrations below because they are so #relatable
✨ Work-From-Home L👀ks ✨ pic.twitter.com/xfVPkK648N
— tyler feder (@roaringsoftly) April 28, 2018
- There are some days where there is not enough time in the day and it is 5pm in the blink of an eye. There are others where I wonder what the heck I’m doing and is it really making a difference?
- I now understand why structure and accountability are so integral to companies, but don’t think for a second that I miss my horrible, micromanage-y boss.
- The thing that has kept me on track, with laser fierceness and focus has been pointing out exactly what my north star is and what it looks like, feels like, and sounds like. I use a planner to lay out micro activities that lead me to that north star.
- Everyone gets a little nervous in public speaking engagements. Hire a coach for that specific purpose such as Karla or Jen if you’re like me and you get a bit nervous and shaky before being in front of a crowd.
Networking is a lifesaver. Hire a coach. Thanks for reading my retrospective and being on this fierce & focused journey with me.